Monday, November 02, 2009

Winter picnic time!

I must confess that I don't subscribe to many wine magazines these days, partially because it's quite expensive getting them sent by airmail, but mostly because I somehow never find the time to read them.

Unless someone lets me know, it's therefore quite possible that the odd article, review or recommendation of our wine slips under the radar. This happened to me back in August.....

Unbeknown to me we were recommended as Wine of the Month in the UK's Decanter magazine, as well as being listed as one of the Top Ten summer wines for picnics. A bit late to discover this in November!

They commented about our Castro Martin albarino:

"A great opportunity to try the cult white grape of Spain. This example shows apricot and peachy fruit with some sweet spice. The palate has a nice texture alongside a pure minerality and intense tropical fruit characters; good weight and length"

Time to dig out the pic-a-nic basket Boo Boo (if you're younger than about 40, you will probably have no idea what this phrase relates to).

No comments:

Post a Comment