Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our new ceiling unveiled

OK, so it is not the most exciting picture that I will ever post, but hopefully it is enough to satisfy our local health/hygiene/safety inspectors (not just the photo, but the ceiling itself!)

There is no doubt that the slats of brushed grey aluminium look very smart, but I honestly have to say that I could think of many better ways to spend the money, especially in a recession. Indeed, thinking about it, it simply would have been much better just to keep our cash in the bank, or maybe even under the matress.

I wrote a few days ago about the flowering, mentioning that the weather had been perfect, well perhaps I spoke too soon as it has been raining ever since. Of course this does not present a problem at the moment and will only serve to build up the water table should, by any fluke, we have a hot, dry summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment