Monday, June 15, 2009

A bit of trivia

I am fairly confident that there is not one single person who has been losing sleep wondering what was so odd about the Liverpool football shirt that I was wearing last week, in truth it's barely worth mentioning - but just in case.....

The fact is that my post was made last Monday, 8th June and the shirt that I was wearing was not officially launched until Wednesday 10th June. Now, I would love to tell you that I am a personal friend of Fernando Torres, who buys our wine and who sent me a pre-release edition of his shirt, but then this is of course, only in my dreams. The dull, boring reality of the story is that for once the Spanish postal system excelled and they delivered the parcel to me much quicker than the sender had anticipated.

I am usually quite scathing about the Spanish 'Correos', often joking that they still use donkeys to move mail around the countryside. On this occassion I have to say 'the boys done well', so credit where credit's due.

See, I told you it wasn't worth mentioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment