Friday, April 10, 2009

Yodelling at your TV screen!

Virgin Active launches their gym exclusively for pets!

On 1st April each year people with possibly too much time on their hands design ways to deceive the innocent (in Spain this is actually known as the 'Day of the Innocents', albeit it does not fall on April 1st). With every year that passes the stunts become more sophisticated, and have increasing amounts of money thrown at them in order to make them appear more credible to the unwitting.

Now, I'm not admitting that I have too much time on my hands, but I have to confess that I did find the time to make my annual contribution to the myriad of online jokes. I am sure that those of you who read my post of April 1st will have realised that something was amiss - it was hardly a very sophisticated effort!

Whilst we would like to believe that there is actually some medicinal benefit to drinking Albarino, we can only truthfully advise moderation and responsible consumption of our wine. Of course it may well assist with your digestion, and hopefully stimulate your enjoyment of a particular meal, but that is about as far as it goes.

My own favourite prank this year was the Xbox 'Alpine Legend' yodelling game, complete with website and television advertising. To see the top ten online April Fool's jokes click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment